Finally the end of July has arrived and what a month it has been. Definitely has not been dull and with some surprises along the way too. So lets start at the beginning.
Well MR had decided that after “Sparkle”, she wanted to space away from the TG community and decided to take a back seat for a while which I understand why. It was only a temporary hitch but MR just needed to get on with other parts of our lives but she confirmed will come out again in the future. However, there was one more thing I wanted MR to do which leads me on to the “TV Documentary” before she got her space!
During a routine check on the Angels Forum, I noted a thread entitled “TV Documentary” posted by Livia Simoka. She was working for a company called Firefly Productions who were making a TV documentary about T-Girls & their partners. They were looking for 3 couples to appear on the documentary which was to present an insight of how partners cope / support their T-Girl hubbies. It was no surprised that there was some cynicism from some Angels (& Roses) members regarding this proposed project as generally speaking “we” tend to get misrepresented by the media. However along with a few others, we decided to give Firefly Productions the benefit of the doubt. Although we (MR & I) have no intentions in wanting to appear in the documentary, I thought it would be useful to give Livia some background info with regards to our relationship. So along with a 3 other couples, we met Livia & Barbie in the Village to pass on our thoughts as well as listening to their proposals. An interesting evening was had and Livia and Barbie took on our thoughts, so much in fact that they thought we were ideal for the programme but again refused, as we had too much to lose from such public exposure. One of the couples we met for the first time was Marianne & Vicky who were very nice and now become friends and planning to go out together in the future. As for the TV Documentary, there is no doubt it will be produced & screened but it will interesting to see how it comes across to Joe Public? Only time will tell I suppose?
MR had been invited to a works wedding do in Lancashire which meant an over night stay and this gave me an opportunity to go out again. However, I was not sure who was available for a night out as it was mid -summer so to speak! I posted a thread on Angels to see if everyone was interested but although 3 girls were interested but not on the date mentioned. One of these was Jenny who was interested but needed understandably to look after more important personal issues. A shame really, I think it may have been an interesting yet enjoyable evening which could of prevented further issues that cropped up in the near future. It was not to be! Anyway, I had decided I was going out come what may be but I rec’d an e/mail from Marianne who said she would like to go out. Arrangements were made, we met in the Village on Sat 14th and an enjoyable interesting evening was had. The best thing that we had so much in common that this cemented our new found friendship.
The following Monday, I was out again for “Tea at Teela’s” monthly meeting in Ellesmere Port but on this occasion arrived late on rather than early evening which is my usual arrival time. This was partly to do with family not being at home but consequently could have tea first & get ready later on. As usual arrived dressed but also bringing further clothes donations courtesy of MR for Transpose Dressing Service, of course Teela was thankful for them. In the meantime, I noted some familiar faces there, namely Lisa K, Nikki S, Selina, Annie K and Jenny, who I was surprised to see there. As usual it always nice to meet & chat to Teela and of course her maid, Susan who does a wonderful job serving us tea’s & coffee’s all night!
Well MR had decided that after “Sparkle”, she wanted to space away from the TG community and decided to take a back seat for a while which I understand why. It was only a temporary hitch but MR just needed to get on with other parts of our lives but she confirmed will come out again in the future. However, there was one more thing I wanted MR to do which leads me on to the “TV Documentary” before she got her space!
During a routine check on the Angels Forum, I noted a thread entitled “TV Documentary” posted by Livia Simoka. She was working for a company called Firefly Productions who were making a TV documentary about T-Girls & their partners. They were looking for 3 couples to appear on the documentary which was to present an insight of how partners cope / support their T-Girl hubbies. It was no surprised that there was some cynicism from some Angels (& Roses) members regarding this proposed project as generally speaking “we” tend to get misrepresented by the media. However along with a few others, we decided to give Firefly Productions the benefit of the doubt. Although we (MR & I) have no intentions in wanting to appear in the documentary, I thought it would be useful to give Livia some background info with regards to our relationship. So along with a 3 other couples, we met Livia & Barbie in the Village to pass on our thoughts as well as listening to their proposals. An interesting evening was had and Livia and Barbie took on our thoughts, so much in fact that they thought we were ideal for the programme but again refused, as we had too much to lose from such public exposure. One of the couples we met for the first time was Marianne & Vicky who were very nice and now become friends and planning to go out together in the future. As for the TV Documentary, there is no doubt it will be produced & screened but it will interesting to see how it comes across to Joe Public? Only time will tell I suppose?
MR had been invited to a works wedding do in Lancashire which meant an over night stay and this gave me an opportunity to go out again. However, I was not sure who was available for a night out as it was mid -summer so to speak! I posted a thread on Angels to see if everyone was interested but although 3 girls were interested but not on the date mentioned. One of these was Jenny who was interested but needed understandably to look after more important personal issues. A shame really, I think it may have been an interesting yet enjoyable evening which could of prevented further issues that cropped up in the near future. It was not to be! Anyway, I had decided I was going out come what may be but I rec’d an e/mail from Marianne who said she would like to go out. Arrangements were made, we met in the Village on Sat 14th and an enjoyable interesting evening was had. The best thing that we had so much in common that this cemented our new found friendship.
The following Monday, I was out again for “Tea at Teela’s” monthly meeting in Ellesmere Port but on this occasion arrived late on rather than early evening which is my usual arrival time. This was partly to do with family not being at home but consequently could have tea first & get ready later on. As usual arrived dressed but also bringing further clothes donations courtesy of MR for Transpose Dressing Service, of course Teela was thankful for them. In the meantime, I noted some familiar faces there, namely Lisa K, Nikki S, Selina, Annie K and Jenny, who I was surprised to see there. As usual it always nice to meet & chat to Teela and of course her maid, Susan who does a wonderful job serving us tea’s & coffee’s all night!
No comments:
Post a Comment