12 December 2009

December 09 - Reflective mood.

Half way through the month and making an entry on my blog already. May be because I’m in reflective mood and looking back on my last two outings which were only a week apart.

After a couple of months, manage to go out with a good friend last Wed (2nd) and manage to play catch up on each other’s lives. We headed for the Curry Mile and a nice meal before we visited the Village to play catch up with any friends who may be there. During the evening, as usual we chatted about numerous things including personal mattes but here is not the place to discuss those things. An enjoyable night was had but the following day, I finally realise to myself that I’m unable to help my friend with any words of wisdom or advice as our paths are now definitely going separate ways. Alas I must accept that I am unable to fully understand her situation, not because I don’t wish too but because I’m not going down the TS route and therefore can not know or even attempt to appreciate what she is going through now. This does mean I don’t care but quite the opposite but leaves me in a position that all I can offer is to remain being good friends. I feel sad about this but that is life for you, it happens from time from time but at least she knows I’m there if she ever wants to talk, support or needs assistance. May be that is good enough in the circumstances?

Wednesday just gone (9th) was the second outing and I went out with a group of friends in the Village for our annual Christmas evening out. A nice evening was had with tasteful food at Velvet. However, getting ready and travelling to Manchester was longer than anticipated which basically took me 4/5 hours in total for an outing that was similar in length which I find bloody stupid! The journey included a visit to Transfixed to finish off getting ready which consequently was charged £25 when previously was £10. The rate had gone up due to increase costs and attempting to be fair in comparison with other services they offer. Fair enough but why did they not tell me on the phone before hand when I rang rather than wait until I got there to tell me! Talking about being miffed was an understatement and I had advised in future will make concentrated efforts to change at home!

Arriving eventually at Velvet, 25 minutes late was not something I enjoyed nor wanted to happen, therefore left me most frustrated and slightly tensed. Fortunately I manage to chill out to some degree, mainly thanks to the people who I was dining with the journey home at 1.00am being thankfully uneventful and straight forward. Arriving home still left me frustrated though and not for the first time, did not want to change out being KD when I was content in being the person I liked to be.

This left me thinking why has it got to be like this and how can it change for the future? An very interesting question but one currently I don’t have answers! The two outings combined have left me deflated and in reflective mood. However, I must accept I have made decisions about my life because that is what I want. Being with MR is more important to me than my personal needs which means I’m making some compromises and attempting to have the best of both worlds which at times I find difficult. Likewise I accept MR is making compromises too. May be the crux of the matter I do wish to be KD in appearance more often and easier to achieve when the opportunity arises but how I do this without further intruding into my family life routine and without hurting anyone at the same time? If only I knew the answers.

Ah well, only time will tell if anything changes but now not sure when my next outing will be. Could last Wednesday’s outing, be my last for this year, I hope not!

No comments: