2 January 2010

December 09 - The Noughties ended on a high?

OK this is written at the beginning of 2010 but it does relate to the final couple of weeks of last year. Likewise gives me a chance to ponder what the future holds too.

Well Christmas has now been and gone thankfully but Christmas Day was a little different this year as for the first time, much to my surprise, MR bought KD a Xmas Card which was really appreciated and especially thoughtful. However, it did not end there as MR also bought KD some Nail Polish and a lovely manicure set. Something that must have been hard for MR to do but she really has tried on this occasion, something that I will never forget. So what happened the rest of the day was nice and enjoyable with our family but no doubt that was the highlight.

On the final Wednesday of the year, I manage to get out which was another first as previously never manage an outing over the Christmas / New Year period. On this occasion, it was to celebrate Diana’s birthday at Velvet in the Village. As what seems to be the usual thing these days, it is never straight forward in getting change or even coming home as KD. There is always something cropping up which just adds to the frustration of wanting to be the person I wish to be. Regardless I decided to dress casually and wore a short dress top with my over knee leather boots - something a little different for me. Meeting up with the rest of the girls at Velvet, I seemed to be underdressed for the occasion but ah well never mind. An enjoyable meal in good company was had including quick visits to Paddy’s Goose and Naps. It was a nice way to end the year especially being with good friends.

In between Xmas Day and going out, we had the small matter of the shop sales were a visit to our favourite shop (M&S) produced a large payment at the till! Yes between us we manage to purchase some new clothes for our wardrobes. I think for once I can safely say that my wardrobe is now complete and definitely full! Time now to get to wear all these clothes I’ve got and may be 2010 is the year that it will happen?

Talking of 2010, what does this year hold for me? A good question but no doubt the answer will be provided during the course of the year. I certainly want to get out further a field but I said that last year too. However, I will make more effort this year but in order to do that, must encompass less visit’s to the Village in Manchester which wont such a bad thing. Certainly going to a stage show or something similar is high on the list of things to do, even may be a weekend away with a friend(s) would be nice. However, as usual it all depends on things in other parts of my personal / family life that will dictate that but one thing for certain, I need to be the person I wish to be more often, as it is only then I seem to be wholly at ease within myself. Does that some familiar to some girls?

1 comment:

Diana Richards said...

Hi KD, lovely to see you out and about looking so happy and well.
Here's to 2010 and all it may bring
love
Di
x