I was hoping that end of the year would be a quiet one without anything happening un-towards! Well as KD, I suppose it did with just two outings this month. Well with Christmas being dominant this month with family & work matters taking priority, I suppose more than I expected. More of the night outs later.
It was a bad start to the month with having a heavy cold/chest inflection (known as ”man flu”) which I had for over two weeks but made worst that MR getting the flu at the same time. MR was laid low in bed for three days which really took my mind off my health problems! However, in that period, I also lost two fillings so consequently a double dental visit was had - not exactly the idea start for the first 10 days of the month! In that period, I had made provisional arrangements to meet two girls also but alas I had to cancel them virtually at the last minute, not something I like doing. MR was not aware of the latter but no point mentioning it given the circumstances of that week - just as well I think.
As for work matters, I had been getting a little pissed off with some things in my present job although it was I suppose the ideal T-Girls job in some ways. However, I could not see any way forward as for progression or more importantly keeping me occupied & interested in my job. I had thought to look for another job next year (2008) with Xmas being close by! By sheer co-incidence, I noted vacancies in the local rag for a new home/womens retail store opening locally. So off went the CV & covering letter, not expecting to hear anything or too lose for that matter. Well, just cut a long story short, I’m now employed by that retailer in a better job than I originally applied for!! The down side I had to change jobs just before Xmas which was not ideal, as I had already had booked time off over the Xmas/New Year period, now I did not!! Looking back, this is probably the main reason why KD only made two appearances in the month as I spent most of the last 10 days in work, too tired to do anything else!
My two outings were to the Northern Concord Xmas Party and the Angels North Xmas Dinner, the latter organised by Lisa K. Also both events were only separated by three days too. At the NC Xmas Party, I had encouraged a “Kate” to come with me and make this her first outing in public as I thought it was an ideal event to do such a thing. She said yes, I collected and took her back home in between a tour of the Village, including a meal at Taurus, then the delights of the NC Xmas Party. We had a very enjoyable night, meeting many girls including Nicky, Rachel, Jane M, Astrid, Sandra amongst others. It was especially nice to see Jane M and we did have a good natter again. Kate seem to enjoy herself and I thought she done exceptionally well for her first public outing - in fact she done brilliantly and Kate paid for my meal as a token of her appreciation which was really a nice gesture. If you read this Kate, Thank You.
A few days later, I went back to the Village for the 2nd Angels North Xmas Dinner at Villagio’s which was another enjoyable night. With thanks to Jennifer Dee, I got change in her hotel room straight after finishing work - this being my last weekend with M&S before moving to pastures new. Eventually arrived at AXM meeting Jennifer Dee, Imogen, Linzi, Lisa K and Kate (in bob mode), before going onto Villagio’s to meet the other girls, Nicky, Astrid, Sandra, Rebecca & Mary (Legs). It was especially nice to see Linzi and Rebecca who I had not seen for a while along with having a good natter with Mary (legs). However, Linzi & Jennifer Dee were no doubt enjoying themselves but it became clear to me that these were a terrible but funny twosome together and lo & behold if any person attempted to get on the wrong side of them as you would be eaten alive in the nicest possible way!! LOL! After the meal, we headed for AXM were some of us needed to dance but Lisa K seemed to be the attraction of a couple young girls and got hooked accordingly! It was quite funny watching this although Lisa K was enjoying the attention was understandably a little nervous of the girls intentions! As I had work the following morning, I left AXM at 1am & went home but left happy & content with the way the evening went - again KD was completely chilled out.
The one thing I had notice with these two latest outings, that after getting change, I had notice a change of mood within my self which I had not felt before - sort of a slight depression and something I did not like. Why this is happening now, I’m not sure but hopefully I will find an answer in time, may be next year?
End of the year arrived and as usual, its “sale” time and of course bargains to be had. A few more arrivals to my clothes wardrobe was had including another 4 Per Una skirts, obviously hoping to wear them in 2008! Talking of which, led me thinking what wishes I had for the new year? I suppose to be KD more often and go further a field from the North West - but at the same time keeping everyone else happy & content especially MR, who is the most important person in my life. Mmmm only time will tell if that is achieve. Well that is 2007 and leaves me to say best wishes to all for 2008.
5 comments:
I'll wait....xxxx
Good luck in the new job Kay Denise! It was good to see you at the meal; I vaguely remember the 2 babes at AXM; what do they say, a rose between 2 thorns, or is it the other way round?!
hope the new job goes well Kay!, and you get a good staff discount!...all the best girl for 2008 xxx
Thanks for your good wishes regarding my new job, it is appreciated. Yes a good staff discount is had but offset by the higher price and limited range of the clothes. I suppose I can't have everything! LOL!
Yes Lisa may be you were the rose but I don't think you were thinking that at the time!
Me and Linzi a "a terrible but funny twosome together" !!!! Shame on you Kay, we occasioanlly are quite civilised LOL
It was good to see you again at the meal, and I wish you the best of luck with your new job.
Post a Comment