This entry relates to the final week of June where I encountered the high’s & low’s of being a T-Girl. This was the week of “Sparkle” which for while, I was not sure which day I was going due to family circumstances. In a nutshell, could not plan anything until I knew what some of family were up to for the weekend but looked more likely it was going to be Saturday as I had provisionally booked to go on Bea’s evening meal at Little Ying Sang. Anyway come back to “Sparkle” in the next June entry.
At the beginning of the week I met my sister (who is 10 yrs younger) for a meal & drink in Chester, as it had been a few years since we have been together without the company of others. The day we met was of significance for personal / family reasons but it became a special day in our lives, although neither of us knew at the time!
During the weekend leaving up to our date, I had thought shall I or not tell my sister that I am a T-Girl. Really I had no reason to tell her but at the same time do I take the chance but not knowing the outcome? It is a risk after all. Well I met her - we discuss many things, in fact a good enjoyable chat and all along I still had not decided whether to tell or not!
At the beginning of the week I met my sister (who is 10 yrs younger) for a meal & drink in Chester, as it had been a few years since we have been together without the company of others. The day we met was of significance for personal / family reasons but it became a special day in our lives, although neither of us knew at the time!
During the weekend leaving up to our date, I had thought shall I or not tell my sister that I am a T-Girl. Really I had no reason to tell her but at the same time do I take the chance but not knowing the outcome? It is a risk after all. Well I met her - we discuss many things, in fact a good enjoyable chat and all along I still had not decided whether to tell or not!
We had finish our meal & drink and it was time to go home. Well on the way to the car park, for some unknown reason, I stopped, faced her and told her I had something to tell her which would change our lives! It was clear to me she had no idea what I was going to tell her but at the same I was wondering what am I doing!! Well I said to her how would you like a big sister and look of puzzlement on her face!! I then told her I was a T-Girl (TV in fact) and her response was not I expected - but then again what was I expecting??
My sister smiled at me, said "wow" and thought it was cool! She gave me a big hug & kiss and told me she had no problems with me being a T-Girl. She wanted to know more which delayed us from going home by a further 2/3 hours, while we discussed the whole subject, along with a picture of KD too. She said I looked good and thought I was brave to go out in the real world being the person I wish to be! Without going into the whole story, she wanted to meet the real me a.s.a.p. and go out too. Basically as she put it, my "street cred" had gone up by a massive margin! Both of us are now planning our girly night out . May be initially strange, but that will be some special occasion as she finally meets the sister she never had!
As previously suggested, I had no idea why I told her, nor no idea what reaction I was going to get but this was probably beyond my dreams. It was emotional happy occasion and I cannot thank my sister enough for her support & understanding - it means such a lot to me but look forward to the nice girly chats in the future.
When I finally, I arrived home, I told MR, who was not surprised I told her (call it womens intuition) and was also pleased too. That was a nice reaction for me but as we both agree, now we have a family member who we can confided with which could make a difference in the future?
For the following couple of days, it was a bit strange for me, as I was neither elated or down about what happened! Why I had no idea but I should be really pleased though!
No comments:
Post a Comment