3 July 2008

June 2008. The future after..........??

As previously mentioned, I had decided to go to “Sparkle” on the Saturday but not sure when I would arrive at Manchester. My first problem, I had no idea where & when I was going to get change into the real me as family were still at home on the Saturday morning. Fortunately, I had received a kind offer from Kate & Mrs K to use their hotel apartment on the day if I needed to change - that offer I took up and my grateful thanks to both of them especially for their time & patience even at 1.30 on a Sunday morning!

I was hoping to be arrive & be changed by 12 midday & therefore have the whole afternoon & evening but alas temporary best laid plans went up the wall as family were still at home during the morning which prevented me from packing the car! Eventually left and as I had strange thoughts as I drove towards the Village and saw my first “girls” - easy to spot as wearing “outfits” that did not blend in with the surroundings outside the Village area! No problem I suppose but not when the girls approached a family which included 3 little girls. The family “look” said it all I suppose and not exactly a good advert for T-Girls! Likewise saw another girl, dressed OK but walking like a docker, 3 times over! I must admit my reaction to both sightings was one of “why?” and that put a doubt in my mind about being there and almost deciding this would be last “Sparkle”. OK I know, each to their own but still ask the question “why” but then again I may just be kidding myself in the way I look too?

Eventually, I manage to arrive & get out into the Village by 3.00pm. My outfit was just a casual top / jacket / jeans & sandals as I headed for Sackville Gardens (Sparkle Park) and met Simon & Mica (in bob mode) - a quick chat then into the park. During my little walk in the park, chatted to Diana, Lisa K & friend briefly before they disappeared. Also come across Becky W, who I last saw a year ago and she looked very well. Being on my own at that time, I went for a slow walk up Canal St hoping to meet other friends but alas none was sighted. Got a drink at Taurus and headed back to the park, again no one I recognize! For over an hour, I was on my own, talking to myself yet I was surrounded by TV’s which I found strange to say the least - I thought this was not suppose to happen except maybe for a new T-Girl coming to Sparkle for the first time! Something I said or did not look the part?

Well it was almost time to walk up to Chinatown for Bea’s meal at the Little Ying Sang but met Marianne and her partner, Vicky. It was nice to see them and they looked well, a chat was had and on the way I went. The walk to Chinatown I enjoyed as I was just part of the crowd - blending in perhaps? Arrived last for the meal with some familiar faces noted along with new faces too amongst the 12 strong party. Sat in between Jennifer D and Mrs Penny were I had a good chat with Mrs P who was looking well. The trouble with a big party, you never get to chat to everyone during the course of the evening and this was no exception. The food served by the restaurant was OK but compared with previous occasions, a little let down although the service was good as usual. By the end of the meal, manage to finally meet Liz, Mary, Rachel & her partner - all nice people and a pleasure to meet. Liz was especially surprising as only realise it was “Iddybuff”, she looked really nice in her yellow dress & shoes and looked much much better than her Angels avatar!

Before we knew it, we were heading back to the Village passing “Ladyboys of Bangkok” on the way but the looks we got from “joe public” was quite funny - had they not seen girls before? Most of the meal party had tickets for the “Magic Theatre” which seem to be “the” place to be later, but I was not going partly due to the previous uncertainty of going to “Sparkle” and loud music & I are not compatible! Everybody seem to went their separate ways upon arrival at the Village and that was the last I saw of them. I met Jaime who looked nice in her corset top & skirt who was her friend, after a short while we went our separate ways too. By then it was just me, Liz & Mary where we spent the remainder of the evening together having visited AXM for a drink, as well as taking Liz & Mary to experience “Naps“ for the first time. However, this was not before I had a quick change and put a skirt on with flat boots, so much better for walking.

I must admit I felt sorry for Liz, a nice young real girl but why was she stuck with me when she could be better off with other party going girls? OK, circumstances lead to that but I just thought she was better off without being in my company as much as I enjoyed having Liz with me! Mary & I then made sure Liz was safely in her taxi for trip back home via the train.

Mary & I then went to Taurus for a quiet drink and chatted about many things. I found Mary a super lady who dressed and appeared for her age and had a certain amount of confidence about her too. Hopefully I will meet Mary again in the future. It was now approx 1.00am Sunday and we bid farewell to each other. I headed for Kate’s Hotel apartment, got change, said farewell to Kate and headed home in “bob“ mode.

Looking back, I suppose the reality of my “Sparkle”, that overall, I had not really enjoyed this experience and finally realise, it was not what I want! Allegedly “Sparkle” is an excuse to meet old & new friends but alas I met very few yet there were hundreds of girls present. Clearly this was partly my fault given the “not knowing” before hand but likewise may be I realise that friends I had were just “acquaintances”. Very sorry girls, no offence meant but that is how I felt during my time there. I have over the last few days (now 3rd July), being questioning myself as a person, feeling “low” and my confidence is slowly disappearing accordingly. What does the future hold for KD, I know less than I did previously but suffice to say that was my 3rd & last “Sparkle“ and may be a change of direction is now required?

Final thought! I found myself encountering the highs and lows of being a T-Girl just through two different contrasting experiences in a space of one week! Confused, I am certainly!


1 comment:

Jess said...

I think I echo some of those thoughts about Sparkle - I didn't not enjoy it, but it isn't me....