In my previous entry, I had mentioned that I went out with my sister to the Village were we had a nice meal at Villagio’s and caught up on some family & personal news. Actually the whole night was an enjoyable night as a couple of out of the ordinary things happened along meeting some friends, one of whom I was surprised to see, but never the less an enjoyable encounter.
As usual I manage to get ready at home which is a military style operation especially in getting out of the house without being seen and in daylight. What makes it harder, I need to leave by no later than 5.00pm otherwise family encounters could be the order of the day! Not something I or MR want! On my way to Manchester, I was just driving up to a set of traffic lights near Birchwood were a car behind me, drew up along side & wound his window down and getting my attention! I had to make an instant decision to communicate or not, so I choose the former and accordingly wound my window down! The gentleman then kindly advise me that my skirt / coat was trapped outside my door! I said “thank you” in my best girly voice (LOL) and got my skirt back inside the car. I’m not sure whether the gentleman had realised that I was a T-Girl but regardless his gesture was nice & appreciated.
My second encounter was just after I parked my car in one of the side streets near Canal St, Village. I was getting out of the car and just put my coat on when out of the blue, a People Carrier drew up and the male driver ask me where the Charles St Car Park was? I had then notice he was with his wife and two children - clearly not coming for the night life of the Village. This time I approached him and advised him how to get to the Car Park. He then thanked me and went on his merry way. This was a strange unexpected but nice encounter but it did leave me with the thought what did his wife and children thought or had they not notice? Regardless this encounter and the previous one, meant I interacted in normal everything life and this gave me a buzz and extra confidence. May be I looked better than I think and I’m able to get away with blending in?
After meeting my sister, we need to get cash from an ATM and on our way back to the Village, I surprisingly met Jennifer D who was just passing by - she had been working in the city centre and thought to drop in for a few minutes at Tribecia were Lisa K and some friends were meeting for a drink. We had a natter but not before Lisa & her sister came along. Jennifer D was looking very well indeed and looking relaxed too - hopefully it wont be too long before we meet again.
Later on the evening, I manage to have a chat with Leanne in Villagio’s - such a pleasant & humourous girl - she was with a few friends and I introduced her to my sister. Leanne made her welcome, which was appreciated. After the meal we headed for the Rembrandt for the Manchester Concord meeting. Nothing seems to faze my sister and happy accepts the different style of dress encounted at these meetings. My sister seem to be the centre of attraction by one girl which I found a little funny especially when I gathered what the possible intentions of the girl was thinking! Mmmm it was never going to happen believe me! Lisa K, her sister and friends also turned up and consequently the two sisters had a good natter over something they had in common and had nothing to do with Lisa & myself being T-Girls! LOL. All in all it was a very interesting & enjoyable evening, something I definitely needed after recent events.
1 comment:
good to see you getting out and about KD...good for the soul...hope to see you soon...x
Post a Comment