9 August 2009

July 09 - A day trip to .........?

At last I manage to get out but this occasion was partly planned some weeks ago with a friend. Thoughts were hatch to go further a field for a change but it would only be on the day that the final decision would be made. So Wednesday, 15th July arrived and partly got change at home before proceeding to my friends. These days for a number of reasons, it is not easy to actually leave the house as KD which is a little frustrating and therefore easier to get change elsewhere or at least finish off from were I started. Many girls I’m sure understand know how frustrating not been able to get ready in the comfort of your home which sometimes curtails thoughts of outings on many a occasion.

Anyway I digress, fortunately, my friend has been accommodating which has been appreciated and I finished off at her apartment. Finally we were both ready and departed with I volunteering to drive. It was only then, we decided our destination namely, York! Certainly for me, it was a first and something different especially being outside the confines of the Manchester area, dare I say it “normality“ in the day to day muggles world! The drive to York was pretty straight forward and arrived at Askham Bar Park & Ride just after midday. Having parked the car, next was the bus journey to the City Centre, yet another first for me but happily an uneventful journey. By this time, our destination was the Railway Museum as both have an interest in railways and it seem the logical place to go, as neither of us wanted to do any shopping. The rest of the afternoon, we spent in the museum along with having lunch too. Generally no one batted an eyelid, even on the couple of occasions we ask a gentleman and a member of staff to take pictures of us. While there, another first for me, using the ladies loo which I must admit I was a little bit apprehensive. Although it was crowded, I don’t think any lady notice and just accepted I was just another woman - mmm nice feeling but currently still uneasy about doing it again. However, needs must so no choice really as & when the next time is. While at the museum MR had contacted me by text which ended up typing texts to each other, which was a little unfair on my friend. Unfortunately these texts lead to other things and partly explains my previous blog entry. It was closing time at the museum so we headed back to get the bus back to the car park but alas we waited approx 20 mins at the bus stop in glorious sunshine and for all to see in the passing buses. My friend had noted one lady had sort of clocked me but just smiled but otherwise another non event. Finally our bus arrived and back to the car for the journey home. However, it was decided to head for Manchester for a bite to eat and a quick visit to Transfixed to collect my other wig which had been there for a wash & condition.

After visiting Transfixed and as usual having a good natter with Lisa & Zara, we finally headed to the Shang Hi Restaurant were we had a quiet enjoyable meal, then headed home after an eventful day to say the least.

1 comment:

Jane Maybe said...

who said you are not a spotter ! lol
i enjoyed the day too thanks
x