13 September 2009

August 09 - Moving forward?

The month of August was a quiet stable month in the life of KD - makes a nice change but still with hiccup along the way too. This hiccup concerned matters between MR and I but finally got around to explaining now I felt and what was going through my head (via a letter) to MR. Her initial reaction was not what I was expecting but slowly as time gone by, there has been some improvement which is a positive step forward and something we can build upon for the future.

As indicated previously, manage to meet my sister in the Village but not before visiting Lisa & Zara at Transfixed beforehand. I took the opportunity of viewing my photoshoot images at the studio next door for the first time. Seeing the images was a mixture of curiosity & apprehension but on the whole, better than I expected. Chris, the photographer had already “airbrushed” a couple of images to show the improved version of myself which made me years younger than I am. Mmmm dare I say it 20 years younger which is really not me. It is amazing what “photoshop” can do but really I was more contented with the images of the way I look now. That is really me and I cannot get away from getting more mature as I get older. Likewise not sure I wish to have images that make me 20 years younger because it only makes me sad on the years I’ve lost / missed out not being the girl I wish to be! Anyway, in time and when money is a little more available, I will go back to Chris to finally select the images I wish to have and hopefully one or two will appear on my flickr site.

As previous indicated I met my sister for an enjoyable evening out and like girls do, had a good natter covering all matters of subject. My sister has just accepted who I am and just treats me as “normal”. Mmmmm here is that word again “normal” and what is the definition of that word? Answers on a Fifty pound note addressed to me please! A couple of weeks later, I also finally manage to catch up Diana (& Kate) again for a pleasant evening in the comfort zone (the Village). Certainly nice to see Diana again, its been a while since we last met each other but she was looking well never the less. I should not leave it so long in seeing friends I suppose? One thing for certain, I’ve noted that when I take on the appearance of KD, I more at ease with myself and it feels natural - has it taken me this long to finally realise this or just another step along the rocky road of being the person I wish to be or am?

Another “ouch” session been and gone with some minor improvements in the chin area which seems to be the stubborn area on my face. The rest of my shadow area is certainly a lot better than it was so was the expenditure worth it? Just say the jury is still out on this matter but I have been advised another two sessions probably required! No surprise there I suppose but I’ve got this far so let us have these two sessions and review the matter before finally calling it a day.

Finally got around to having a mini clear out of some clothes. Well, space wise, I just don’t have any for more purchases and further more there is no day light / air between my clothes hanging up in the wardrobes. Basically they are squashed in! Well why does a girl need 60 skirts for starters when you can only wear one at a time? The net result of this clearout was 15 skirts, about 10 tops, a coat and some shoes all went in the direction of Teela at “Transpose” for possible resale or to be used as part of her dressing service.

No comments: