22 April 2010

April 2010 - Outings & friends

Because of home circumstances, it has been hard to get out in the everyday world which is what I want but currently my outings have been either to the Village or Tea at Teela’s which I suppose is better than nothing. Although I do like going to the Village, it is just an extension of the closet. Strange really I find myself going backwards when it comes to being out and about, yet there is many things I want to do in the big world. The question is how do I change it?

When I have been out to the Village, it has been with some close friends of mine, who is always nice to see, especially Kate & Diana - they seem to be “special” reasons though. These nights, never the less been enjoyable and at least I get to be me! As a bonus, I’ve always met a lovely girl called Andrea who I first met at the February Tea with Teela meeting which was her time out. What makes her remarkable, she does not have the “internet” and has no idea of the Tgirl world at large. Andrea only knew about Transpose due to picking up a copy of Repartee in a shop. She dressed for her age and make-up was so natural and after chatting her for a while, suggested we keep in touch with each other by text. Eventually in early March she came out on her meal in the Village and arrived there without any problem. Talking about “confidence”, Andrea has it in an abundance! Since then been out again with me and such a lovely girl too. It has been my pleasure in meeting her and hopefully the start of a long friendship.

As for keeping in contact with friends, fortunately manage to see some on my Village outings, however seeing other friends for numerous reasons has not been possible. In this instance, some blame on my part for this happening but likewise it takes two to tango! In the meantime, I’ve made two good friends via the “net” as we seem to have a lot in common, understand each other but also have a good sense of humour. Not sure if its co-incidence or not, they are of a similar age and dress sense too but also their “personal” circumstances are also of a similar background. We seem to “understand” each other but also help and listen to each other with our thoughts and feelings. Currently we are attempting to find ways of meeting each other but when this happens, I (we) think this will cement of friendship even further. I certainly hope so.

Other outings have included the Monthly Northern Angels evening meal which was an excellent night out in good company. On this occasion, sat next to Tina, who when ever I see her, always looks lovely and dresses the part - no problems in blending in the everyday world. However, we manage to have a chat on many things but realise we had some things in common especially about our lovely partners. It transpired we have very similar issues / problems which helps in a strange way, helps me to know that I am not on my own - a little comfort. Also went to the Transpose Fashion Show / Grand Opening which originally I was part of the Fashion Show as one of the catwalk models! Due to not being able to attend the final rehearsal because of illness, as I was dropped for want of a better expression for the fashion show which I was not happy with to say the least - I had even confirmed I would go to Sparkle as an exception just to do the TP Fashion Show. The actual event on the evening was good but I really did not enjoy it and may be I should of not attended. Sour grapes on my part, may be but I don’t think so really. On the bright side, don’t need to attend Sparkle now! :-)) Anyway, I’ve decided not to attend the TP monthly evening meets for a few months and concentrate on other priorities in KD’s life.

No comments: