I manage to get out last week, first time in a month but this time, it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable outings I’ve had for a long time. Prior to this, I had contacted Jane C just on the off chance, if she was free for a night out which she was. So the day was pencilled in and something to look forward too. However, in the light of recent home events, I found out the day before, that I would not have a car to drive! In simple terms, having no car meant that I could not really get ready as KD at home. In the circumstances, not sure if the outing was going ahead but Jane C came to the rescue and kindly offered to collect me from my home and also offered to get change at her apartment too.
Jane collected me straight from work and arrived at her apartment, we then proceeded to get ready having found out in the meantime, that we were going to meet Becky at the Trafford Centre around 6.00pm, which was a nice pleasant surprise. One of the problems of not getting ready at home, is that you don’t get the opportunity to mix & match your outfit as you go along. This means I had to pick an outfit but still ended up taking 4 different tops with me to go with my Per Una Jeans & Laura Ashley grey jacket. Well we ask each other for advice on tops as Jane was having indecision too!
Jane & I finally arrived at the Trafford Centre just after six, were we met Becky in the Food Mall, who had been shopping already. It is always nice to see Becky, as she is such a lovely person. Becky I’ve known for about 4/5 years now as she was the first T-Girl I’ve ever met even before leaving the closet. Little did she realise how KD would progress over the next few years. LOL. Before too long, we had agreed that first port of call would the cash machines and then some food. “Café Rouge” was again the eating venue and we sat outside in the open area of the restaurant for all to see (not if anyone really notice). For the next two hours, we just chatted, laughter and food. In the meantime, served by pleasant waiters and lovely food. Having finally finished our meal, we then proceeded to head for the “in house” multiplex cinema rather than head into the shopping area. After a short discussion, we finally decided to see “The Boat that Rocked”, which is a film based on “Radio Caroline” priate radio station in the 1960’s.
Now this was going to be another first for me, as I have never been to the cinema as KD before. Jane, Becky & I joined the long queue for the tickets for the film but although mostly people in their late teens or twenties were in the queue, we did not seen to attract any attention! We got our tickets and made our way to the relevant film section. We then made ourselves comfortable to watch the film but not before Becky went back to the car for her glasses! Without, she would see no film! LOL. For the next two hours, we watch, laughed to an excellent and most enjoyable film, with great music all the way through. At one stage, I felt like getting up to have a dance in the aisle it was that good. At the end of the film, I commented to Becky, that I knew every record in the film although she only recognize some. Mmmm showing my age I suppose! LOL!
Anyway after another chat, Jane & I then headed home, after saying our goodbye’s to Becky. Having arrived at Janes, regretfully from my point of view, my evening had ended as I now need to get change again but not before a coffee & more chat was had. Jane kindly drove me home which was really appreciated.
This outing was certainly one of the more memorable but this was down to the great company I was in and also that we all felt (especially myself) just being part of the everyday scene and dare I say it being just accepted. Mmmm what a lovely feeling. Finally, an extra special thank you to Jane as without her kind assistance, I would of missed out on this treat!
1 comment:
The joy of having helpful friends. A lovely story Kay. :)
Post a Comment