3 April 2009

March 2009 - Enjoyable Evening (2)

Due to my circumstances getting out is never easy nor planned most of time, so sometimes things just happen if I find there is an opportunity on the horizon. This just happened at the beginning of the month when I contacted Jane M to see if she wanted to go out on the Wednesday. Not knowing what the reply would be I did not have high expectations as Jane works shifts and I had a 1 in 3 chance assuming she was not already busy. The reply was almost instant and we agreed to meet Wed afternoon. Clearly both of us needed an outing!

Going through the usual getting ready routine on the Wed afternoon where I eventually decided on an outfit of a Laura Ashley above the knee grey skirt, purple bow top and leather boots complete with long black coat. I arrived at Jane’s apartment a little later than planned were she looked nice in her nice top & straight black skirt. What I was impressed with, was her hair - it looked just right and a nice colour too. Anyway, as girls do, a good natter over coffee was had and then almost as an after thought, we realise we were suppose to be going out. So off we went, heading towards Manchester, not even deciding where we were going. Before too long the Trafford Centre was the decision and duly arrived.

Heading into the centre and start of some quick window shopping, we then decided that a bite to eat was necessary but not before the cash machine was raided. With plenty of choice for eating venues, we headed for “CafĂ© Rouge” and duly placed at a table in the open. We were attended by two waiters during the course of stay and the food provided was nice. One of the waiters made the classic error of initially referring to us as “sir” - oooops we thought but it never happened again afterwards although we had not said anything. Assuming he realise his error, never done it again and in fact the service was very good, there on in. Regardless this slip had made us laugh.

With meal finish and another good natter was had, we made our way to the shops mainly for window shopping although I was looking for a particular dress in Next which sadly was not there. Jane had in the meantime purchase a sale top from Lakeland of all shops but had gone in there to look at some of the “Radley” handbags. It was now getting late so we headed out & decided to head for the Village, M/c. During out walk about in the Trafford Centre, cant recall anything un-usual with regards to our trip with other members of the public - just how it should be.

Arriving in the Village, we headed to Manchester Concord were we met up with some friends and more chatting & (soft) drinks was had. At MC, the girls from Transfixed were there so had a chat with them, to see what advice they could offer and services they provide. During the chat with Lisa, she confirmed that I looked good along with my make up which surprised me initially. However, when I thought about this, I realise other girls had said similar things to me in the past but for one reason or another, I just dismissed it thinking they were being kind to me or I just could not see Iw they can was doing right. Finally I think the penny has now dropped and clearly I look better than I imagine but clearly I am my own worst enemy when judging my own appearance. I wonder how many other girls feel the same way? I was impressed by the girls from Transfixed and may be sometime in the future, a visit to their premises will be had especially to see how they can transform one of my other wigs.

Well it was time for home, (Janes apartment) were we had coffee before I made my way to my home & a comfy bed. All in all it was a enjoyable evening with a good friend. - Just my type of evening and hopefully do it again soon.

No comments: